Posts

Cryptoadd scam alert!! Do not install this chrome extension





Did you know 90% of cryptocurrency projects are scams? It’s crazy how millions of dollars are lost by just a virtual currency that is sent to an unknown address and I found a chrome extension you should probably avoid until it has been verified by big companies such as BBC, Forbes, Verge and Upcoming ICO.



I’ve been in a public broadcasting channel called “Crypto Jobs” for the past few months and just recently I came across “Cryptoadd” They needed Beta testers for their extension and were supposedly paying beta testers $500 a week worth of testing.





What is Cryptoadd?

Cryptoadd is a chrome extension that”promises” users to get a 5% cashback on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoincash transactions greater than 0.012BTC. That’s basically all the information!

I started getting suspicious of this project when I was told to keep transaction back and forth between the same wallets using blockchain and localbitcoins while the extension was running, I did all they told me and thankfully, I did not lose any BTC in my wallet.
All Testing updates were pushed through the public channel for “easier coordination” but the day before the big $500 pay day, the channel was deleted!! I tried contacting @cryptoaddHR still no update until! After 3 tests, he decided to stop responding and went MIA (Missing in action).


I’m not sure if they managed to Shell script all the passwords out of the beta testers’ computers but this attack has happened before on popular extensions such as MEGA! But he was busy complaining how he was having sleepless nights to work on the chrome extension.

SCAM POINTS

Lack of Whitepaper and Technical paper documents
“Largest cashback service” Failed to pay their Beta Testers
Chrome extension- common hacking Method, password stealing, Mining code Injector
Private Beta Testing channel was deleted the day before payout
NO ICO??????? Where did they get the money???
Chrome extension page has misleading information


What’s Probably happening?

Cryptoadd will use the stolen BTC as leverage to keep attracting more victims to install their chrome extension which will probably use a copy and paste attack to send BTC to the wrong address and steal their crypto or use a shell script attack to steal all passwords and log ins because this has happened before many time.

Pyramid scheme

I’ve identified this project “Cryptoadd” as a Pryamid scheme which will simply spend and steal your Crypto

They promise users that this is the largest cashback service in the industry but fail to pay beta testers which just sets of red flags big time. I’d advice users who want to work with extentsions as jobs to set up a virtual machine with windows 7 or 8 image or simply don’t bother with it.

Avoid Future scams:


Not even the government has any knowledge of cryptoadd as they "claim" to be the largest cashback service.


At the end of the day, I didn’t lose any money but lost valuable time which could’ve been used for money opportunities.

Quote from Galactivale
“I don’t understand why people try so hard to destroy and steal from others just because they don’t want to work hard to build their own success but will spend valuable time in order for you to fail and suffer”- Galactivale

For those who have been scammed, comment what exactly happened so other know of this.
Thanks to all the awesome people who commented on the “Fortnite/Pubg post” (Which is top search on Google) I read the comments love the awesome feedback and although I don’t blog as often, I’m planning on super sizing this site but I have to bring a few thousand dollars first by doing these gigs. I appreciate all donations which will scale up this site and hopefully launch its own product platform Click  donate above + $20 giveaway in BTC!





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.